Bridging the gap in end-of-life care
You can Lift Us Up!
Please help us cover the cost of installing an elevator in our new home in Kingston’s Rondout National Historic District, which will allow us to accommodate residents, staff, and a guest room on the second floor, all while preserving the features of this stunning circa-1890s structure.
Jim & Lisa’s Circle Home will provide 24/7 care for two individuals at a time, at no cost. This means that potentially 25 to 30 people a year might be served, while CFD also meets the needs of friends and family members who are facing a time of grief. Families will have full use of the kitchen, dining area, living room, and a beautiful garden with a pond. Friends and family can be assured that their loved one is abiding in peace, comfort, and safety. Your financial contribution is needed to open the doors and raise the standard of end-of-life care in our community. Click the orange “Donate” button today.
We thank you for your consideration and generosity!
“Hannaford Helps” Reusable Bag Campaign
Hannaford promotes CFD fundraising efforts through their Reusable Bag Campaign! Each year our organization is assigned an entire month to raise funds by encouraging friends and family to purchase a reusable bag. Circle of Friends for the Dying receives a $1 donation per bag sold during the month. Check it out!
How to support us on Amazon!
Do you shop online at Amazon? Did you know that Amazon allows you to support your favorite charity every time you shop at no cost to you through their Amazon Smile program?
It’s easy to sign up for this great benefit. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to https://smile.amazon.com
- Make sure you are logged in to your Amazon account.
- You will be prompted to search for the charity of your choice. Search for “Circle of Friends for the Dying”
Note: If you are already supporting another charity on Amazon Smile, the charity will be listed under the Amazon search bar. Hover on the name of the charity and a box will appear where you can click “Change” to change your designated charity.
- The search results should show Circle of Friends for the Dying.
- Click the Select button for Circle of Friends for the Dying.
That’s it! You’ve now linked your Amazon Smile to Circle of Friends for the Dying to help us work to open Circle Home! Start shopping!
For more information about Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about
Circle of Friends for the Dying is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. CFD does not receive any Medicare or Medicaid Funding, or private insurance reimbursement. CFD relies on the generous support of the community, including individuals, businesses, and philanthropic foundations.
The simplest way to give is by making a financial gift to support day-to-day operations. You may donate online or send a check. Circle of Friends for the Dying is also happy to accept In-Kind Donations.
By asking for support for this vital mission, CFD intends that our community stands for and exemplifies these important core values:
- Commitment to serving those with the greatest need and fewest resources
- Respect for every individual and dedication to improving their quality of life
- Recognition of dying and death as social and mindful experiences, rather than merely a medical event
- Promotion of volunteerism, intergenerational caregiving, and bedside learning for future caregivers
- Modeling fellowship, stewardship, and servant leadership
- Being a guidepost which other communities emulate